Focus and Scope
Theme and scope
The "Revista Productos Naturales" is a quarterly electronic publishing, of specialized scientific spreading of free access, that invites and publishes articles of fundamental and applied research with substantial contributions in science, technology and industry of natural products of plant, animal or microbial origin, as much terrestrial as marine organisms. The contributions can be typified in some of the following greater categories related to the secondary metabolites:
a) Analytical methods, methods of bioassay, quality control and quality assurance.
b) Ethnobotany, ethnopharmacology and ethnoveterinary
d) Phytohemistry, Pharmacognosy and Medicinal Chemistrye) Ecological chemistry and allelopathy
f) Pharmaceutical, cosmetic, nutraceutical and agrochemical products based on biodiversity
g) Biosynthesis, biotechnology and molecular Biology
h) Chemistry and biochemistry combined with biological, sensorial, nutritional and toxicological evaluations.
i) Physical and chemical changes induced by the processing or storage
j) Security and Toxicology
When new compounds are reported, it is preferred that the manuscripts also describe their biological activity.
Peer Review Process
See editorial policy
PEER REVIEW PUBLISHING PROCESS
All the received manuscripts are handled by the publisher or assigned to one of the members of the editorial committee. The publishing process consists of the following stages:
- Allocation of an application number of to each received manuscript and registry in the database of the editor.
- Notification of manuscript reception to the correspondence author via e-mail.
- Initial revision of manuscript formal aspects to meet the journal requirements. In this instance the manuscript can be given back to complete the formal aspects.
- Initial revision for conformity of the article content to the scope of the journal. The editor or the members of the editorial committee can reject the manuscript in this stage, without submitting to peer review.
- Peer review. The received manuscripts in the categories c) Scientific and Technological Research Articles (Full Papers), d) Reflection Article, e) Review Articles and f) Short Article, are submitted to peer reviewers recommended by the editorial committee. The peer reviewers can be members or not of the publishing committee. In the case of categories c), d) and e), manuscripts will be evaluated by a publishing committee member and two external or three external referees. Category f) can be evaluated by a member of the publishing committee and an external reviewer or by two external experts.
- Announcement via e-mail to the correspondence author about the submission of the manuscript to peer reviewers.
- Reception of evaluation reports and recommendations from peer reviewers and enter to the database of the editor.
- Announcements via e-mail to the correspondence author about the evolution of the peer reviewers evaluation process of the manuscript, whenever an evaluation report is received.
- Final decision of the editor with base in the recommendations of the reviewers.
- Notification of the final decision via e-mail to the correspondence author.
- Corrections on the part of authors in case of having them and resubmission of the final manuscript in case of acceptance.
- Last revision of the final manuscript and proof edition in the publication format of the journal. This proof is sent to the correspondence author for a last revision.
- Acceptance of the proof edition on the part of the author.
- Final publication in the Website in agreement with the publication characteristics of the journal.
The Journal Natural Products is an on line quarterly publication that edits a minimum of four (4) articles to a maximum of fifteen (15) articles by issue. Each article will be published as soon as it is completed the process of peer review and editorial process. Every year four numbers will be issued, in the the months of March, June, September and December. Additional issues dedicated to scientific events that fit with the scope of the journal will be able to be published, at discretion of the publishing committee. In this case it does not apply the maximum limit for the number of articles.
Open Access Policy
This journal provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.
2007-Se crea la Revista Productos Naturales